Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fiber of the Week - December 3

If you're as old as I am, or just like classic rock, you'll remember this song by Bob Seger:

"That's why I'm going to Katmandu,

Up to the mountains where I'm going to,

And if I ever get out of here that's what I'm gonna do.

K - k - k - k - k - Katmandu,

That's really, really where I'm going to,

Oh, if I ever get out of here

I'm going to Katmandu."



If I were going up into the Himalayas near Katmandu (or Kathmandu), I'd want a nice cabled sweater made out of this week's 20% off yarn of the week. It's Kathmandu Aran Tweed by Queensland Collection. Comes in 18 tweedy colors and is a great all purpose yarn for just about any wintery project you might think of. Let us know if you take it to Katmandu!



And the specs:
Fiber: 85% Merino Wool, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere


50g balls

Yardage: 104

Stitches: 4.5

Needle size: 8



This yarn will be on sale until midday December 10. If any of the colors you order are not currently in stock, Rob will immediately order them for you.

No comments: